The Winter season officially begins January 7, 2019 and ends March 8, 2019.
The fee for Winter Rowing is $175.
Important Winter Dates:
- November 30 – Fundraising Activity – airtime & Blaze PizzaAddress: 800 W Eisenhower Pkwy, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
- December 1 – Saline Holiday Parade – Downtown Saline
- Rowers are needed to help decorate the boat trailer.
- January 26, 2019 – Motown Madness Indoor Rowing Regatta – Belle Isle Boathouse in Detroit
- Address: E Picnic Way, Detroit, MI 48207
- February 23, 2019 – Hungry Eagle Indoor Sprints – Skyline High School Auxilliary Gym
- Address: 2552 N Maple Road, Ann Arbor, MI
Fall practices start September 4th after school. Practices will be:
Monday through Thursday: 3:30pm to 6:00pm – carpools to the boathouse
Friday: 3:00pm to 5:00pm at Saline High School
Saturday: 10:00am to 12:00pm – meet at SHS bus loop at 9:15am
Practices on Thursday before and Monday after regattas may run 30 to 60 minutes late.
- September 29 – Northvilla, Pioneer, & Saline – Kensington MetroparkAddress: 4570 Huron River Parkway, Milford, MI 48380
- October 6 – Northvilla, Cranbrook, Perrysburg, & Saline – Kensington MetroparkAddress: 4570 Huron River Parkway, Milford, MI 48380
- October 13 – Grand Rapids Fall Classic – Grand Rapids, MI, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Grand Rapids Rowing Association Boathouse
- Address: 291 North Park Street NW, Grand Rapids, MI 29505
- On-site parking is limited at this event, so please be prepared to drop off your rowers before the report time, and then most likely park in the surrounding area and walk back to the regatta site.
- October 20 – Northvilla, Anthony Wayne, & Saline – Kensington MetroparkAddress: 4570 Huron River Parkway, Milford, MI 48380
- October 28 – Leelanau Chase – Lake Leelanau, MI
- Held at the Fountain Point Resort, which is about a 30 minute scenic drive from Traverse City.
- Address: 990 South Lake Leelanau Dr Lake Leelanau, MI 49653
- While most regattas take place on Saturdays, this one is on a Sunday. Fortunately, that can allow some family time in the area that weekend.
- Rowers and their families traditionally stay in Traverse City starting Friday or Saturday.
- November 3 – Kent Lake Arctic Classic – Kensington MetroparkAddress: Martindale Dr, Milford, MI
- November 8 – Year-End Banquet – Saline Middle School Cafeteria