From the Great Gatsby Fundraiser
The Saline Crew team is a club sport. All of the team’s expenses are raised either through dues or fund raising efforts. The team requires help from all of the Saline Rowing Community. Team fundraisers help to purchase equipment including boats, boat parts, outboard motors, trailers, and oars. All team members are expected to participate in team fundraisers throughout the season. The team also sponsors fundraisers that rowers can participate in to apply to their seasonal dues.
We have three levels of fund raising.
- Team fund raising for operating expenses and equipment
- Individual fund raising for rowers
- Capital campaign – boathouse
Yard Oar – Contact Mary Hayes for ordering info. $35 suggested donation (for the boathouse)
Busch’s Scrip Program
“Busch’s Gift Card”Saline Crew is enrolled in the Busch’s scrip program. The scrip program offers Saline Crew a very easy way to raise funds for the team.
Here is how it works:
- Obtain a Gift Card
- Gift card can be recharged at point of purchase with your debit card or credit card, OR
- Each card can be recharged at any Busch’s up to $500.00 (maximum per card at one time).
Saline Crew will earn:
- 5% on recharges paid with cash, check or debit card.
- 3% on recharges paid with a credit card.
- It is that easy.
Please contact Mary Hayes
Individual Fundraising Options
We understand that this club sport can be a financial challenge for some families so we try and offer the rowers a few options to help towards their fess.
A few programs in place include:
- Rent a Rower
- Hire a Crew
- Work community events:
- Summerfest August – 2 shifts of 6 -8 needed for one hour shifts.
- Harvest of the Arts – Date to be determined
Team Fundraising Options
We have a number of Fundraising events to help offset some of the club’s expenses:
Equipment Wish List
The following list contains items needed for the coming year. If you have any ideas for providing or acquiring any of these items or if you can help find a good resource, please send an e-mail toCheryl Brill
- Megaphones for coaches. (I’ve found that this one works very well for the price: Harbor Freight) Waterproof megaphones are ideal, however.
- Cox Boxes
- Stroke coaches
- Sliders 290$ for a pair. (3 sliders needed for 2 ergs).
Concept 2 Slides
- Slings $110 for pair Slings
Rent a Rower /Hire a Crew
This is probably one of the easiest ways for a rower to raise funds to reduce their individual fees. Spread the word, post a few posters around town and also put a lawn sign out. The cost of the posters is nothing. A lawn sign is around $15.00. The cost is easily offset with just a few hours worth of work.
Need help with chores?
Rent-A-Rower or Hire-A-Crew
- Hire one or more of the team by the hour or negotiate a flat rate.
- Some suggestions:
- Yard work
- House sit
- Pet sit
- Baby sit
- Wash & wax cars
- Clean up crew for events
email: Carol Wisner or call 734-645-7122
All proceeds go the Saline Area Schools/Crew Club rowers to offset their dues.