Saline District Library
Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Greg Schreiber
Secretary: Tammy Christen
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Equipment Manager: Cheryl Brill
Member-at-Large: Jennifer Nowicki
Coach: Fraser Christie
Captain: Ted Nowicki
Captain: Alex Wagner
Cooking: Jean Ward listed the meals for all of the regattas.
Carpool: Sue Stack prepared a new form. We agreed that it would be more efficient for an adult to assign drivers and riders. We also agreed that junior and senior drivers’ cars should be filled up first.
Clothing: We will ask the parents to order polo shirts if their child is participating in the New Jersey regatta. Jennifer will check on the availability and cost of visors.
- The captains asked that each rower buy two 7/16th wrenches for rigging and de-rigging.
- 8th graders cannot row spring season.
- Spring Break: Coach Fraser was happy with the spring break training as well as the performance of the truck. Coach would like to see more coxswains at spring break training. We discussed the possibility of renting boats next year instead of hauling the boats to Florida. We will check with Kings Boat Rental next year for costs, etc.
- Coach would like 15-20 straps for the boats; mostly 9ft and 12ft straps.
- The Fiske needs a minor repair.
- Coach would like to standardize the boats.
- The rowers are cleaning the boats after practice.
- Both Coach and Mike would like Mike to go to coach camp.
The reviewed financial report covered March, 2017.
MOVED: CB, SECONDED: TC to approve financial statements as submitted/amended.
- Straps – discussed above under Coaches Report.
- Boxes for launch equipment.
General Agenda Items:
- Website: The website desperately needs to be updated. Each board member will take a page and/or “their” page to update.
- Code of Conduct: Frasier is still missing about 10 forms. He will follow up with the rowers/parents.