Saline High School Commons
Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Greg Schreiber
Secretary: Tammy Christen
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Equipment Manager: Cheryl Brill
Fundraising: Mary Hays
Member-at-Large: Jennifer Nowicki
Coach: Fraser Christie
Captain: Dane Dingman
Captain: Fay Hargrove
Captain: Morgan Bergren
Website updating: Tammy and Mary are going to review the website and ask Scott to make any changes/corrections. We will also be looking for a parent with experience in web design to help with the website.
Food Supply/Cooking: Kim Jackson and Diane Dingman will be assisting Cecilyne Penny with food for the regattas.
Photography: Heidi Pfannes sent out a new link for this year’s Shutterfly account.
Clothing: Jennifer sent out the link for spirit wear. Fraser indicated that we need more novice t-shirts, and that he would like Polo shirts for the spring season.
- There was a team bonding event at Rolling Hills Water Park. There were about 20 rowers and 2 parents.
- Equipment: the board approved the purchase of 2 life jacket bags.
Fraser would like to purchase a Vespoli 4-person boat. The cost is approximately $25,100. Fraser is planning to trade in the Genesis to help offset the cost of the new boat.
Spring Regatta Schedule:
- September 23 – Frog Town, Toledo, OH
- October 14 – Head of the Grand, Lansing, MI
- October 28/29 – Leelanau Chase, Leelanau, MI
The reviewed financial report covered July, 2017.
MOVED: TC, SECONDED: GS to approve financial statements as submitted/amended.
Brent made a motion to get Fraser a P-card. The board approved the motion. Fraser can make purchases under $100 and pay regatta fees without board approval. Anything over $100 will run through a three-tier approval system.
General Agenda Items:
- The returning rower meeting was August 30th.
- The new rower meeting will be September 20th, from 7-9pm at Liberty.
- Learn to Row: the parent learn to row will be September 17th, from 2-6pm at the boathouse.
- We discussed maybe having a poker night fundraiser in the winter.