Saline District Library
Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Greg Schreiber
Secretary: Tammy Christen
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Equipment Manager: Cheryl Brill
Fundraising Coordinator: Mary Hays
Member-at-Large: Jennifer Nowicki
Alumni Chair: Chris Frick
Coach: Fraser Christie
Captain: Ted Nowicki
Captain: Andrew Dame
Cooking: Meals were discussed. The team is interested in having smoothies and breakfast burritos on hand at the regattas.
Clothing: Jackie Mills is our new clothing coordinator. Jackie recommended and the board agreed to Underground Printing for our new webstore.
- The captains are planning an ice skating party in February.
- Winter conditioning is going well.
Starting March 13 through the spring season, there will be morning practices Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30am – 6:45am at Liberty. The team will provide breakfast. There will be a carpool from Liberty to the high school. Afternoon practices, Monday through Thursday will be at the boathouse. Friday afternoon practices will be at Liberty.
We will use the sign-up genius to help parents sign up to hand out breakfast at the morning practices.
- There will be in an indoor regatta at Skyline on February 25
- Spring Regatta Schedule:
April 22 – Skyline at Concordia College in Ann Arbor
April 29 – HEBDA Cup in Wyandotte
May 6 – Wy-Hi in Wyandotte
May 12/13/14 – Midwest in Nashport, Ohio
May 20 – States in Grand Rapids May 27 – SRAA Camden, New Jersey – based upon qualifying
THERE WILL BE NO HOME REGATTA.
- The board discussed the code of conduct.
The reviewed financial report covered January 2017.
MOVED: CB, SECONDED: MH to approve financial statements as amended.
- Cheryl will be ordering cox boxes.
General Agenda Items:
- Spring Break: The next meeting will be March 14 at 7pm at Cheryl Brill’s house.
- We are moving forward with the truck purchase. We discussed getting our name and logo on the truck, and possibly sponsorships on the vehicle.
- Returning Rower Meeting: The returning rower/new rower meeting will be February 23rd at Liberty School at 7pm. Chris will bring a projector.