SALINE CREW BOARD MEETING, November 2016
Saline Crew Board Meeting Saline District Library Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 7pm
- President: Chris Frick
- Vice President/Website: Mike Ward
- Secretary: Tammy Christen
- Equipment Manager: Cheryl Brill
- Fundraising Coordinator: Mary Hays
- Alumni Chair: Stacy Wellings
- Coach: Fraser Christie
- Captain: Emma Frick
- Captain: Alex Wagner
- Captain: Ted Nowicki
Cooking/Food Supply: The food committee will have a larger quantity of chocolate milk for each regatta going forward.
- The captains are planning a post season party in November or December.
- The team will participate in the Saline Holiday Parade on December 3. The decorating of the boat trailer will take place at the Ward’s house. We will need more candy this year.
- The regatta in Traverse City went very well.
- Coach Fraser would like to increase fall practices and improve attendance. We discussed implementing an incentive for attendance.
- Starting soon, Coach Fraser will begin an optional training plan in addition to regular practices.
- The old equipment trailer is being stored at the boathouse.
- The team needs: a white pop up tent and two pump water pots.
- The board discussed purchasing two folding picnic tables for the Spring season. The picnic tables cost about $150 each.
- Coach Fraser is interested in purchasing Concept II Slides for the erg machines. The cost is $300 for a set of two.
- The team needs a pickup truck to transport the boats to regattas. The board discussed purchasing a vehicle for $5,000 or less.
- One erg is damaged.
- The food trailer needs screws.
- Oscar’s fundraiser made $400 for the team.
- Mary suggested that the team buy banners from events and display them at regattas and/or the boathouse. The banners cost about $20 each.
General Agenda Items:
- Elections: Open voting begins Monday, November 7. Mike Ward will send out the voting link.
- Fall Banquet: The banquet will be November 17 in the high school commons from 7-8:30pm. The team will provide refreshments. The male rowers will bring appetizers and the female rowers will bring desserts. Carol Wisner will be selling Saline Parade raffle tickets.
- Spring Break: There will be meetings with the families beginning in December or January.