Saline Crew Board Meeting
Saline District Library
Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Greg Schreiber
Secretary: Tammy Christen
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Fundraising: Mary Hays
Alumni Chair: Chris Frick
Coach: Fraser Christie
Captain: Morgan Bergren
Captain: Jack Wisner
Captain: Dane Dingman
Captain: Fay Hargrove
Captain: Ryan Stack
Website: Mike Ward is “moving” the rowing website over to Word Press – salinerowing.wordpress.com. Mike is currently training Scott Orwig to take over as our IT guy.
We need to renew both domain names: rowing and crew. The cost is $32 per year.
Each board member will take a page or pages of the current website and make revisions/updates to them for Mike/Scott to upload to the new website.
Food: The committee needs a month to inventory.
Cecilyne Penny will hand out surveys at the new rower meeting. The survey will ask the team about their favorite meals, snacks, etc.
Cooking: The team needs more volunteers for this committee.
Lodging Accommodations: Jeff Cox has volunteered to take over for Judy Inge.
Photography: Nicole Bergren is stepping down this year. We will need another volunteer to take team photos along with Heide Pfannes.
- The captains should email the parents in addition to the rowers.
- Chris Frick let the new captains know that they are in charge of the following: organize poster placement for The Gatsby; recruiting at the high school open house; recruiting at the high school orientation; and the pep rally in August. The captains need to get the dates for these events from Betty Janke.
- Equipment: coach would like new pairs and fours.
- Spring season wrap-up: coach thought the team had a good season.
- Bomber: starts the last week in June, and ends the first week in August. The cost is $550 for 6 weeks, or $175 a week. The program will be Monday through Friday, from 7am to 9am.
The reviewed financial report covered May, 2017.
MOVED: CF, SECONDED: GS to approve financial statements as submitted/amended.
- The team truck needs a minor repair.
- Gatsby: Oscar’s is donating gift cards. The captains will be in charge of placing posters around town. We need to pick a date in September for the parent row.
- Chris is sending monthly emails to the alumni, and is starting to plan the alumni row in the fall.
General Agenda Items:
- Bill mentioned chartering a bus for the Midwest regatta next year.
- Liberty School is closed for a remodel. Ergs can be rented for the summer for $40. There are 20 or so ergs available.