SALINE ROWING BOARD MEETING, September 2018
Saline Rowing Board Meeting
High School HUB Room
September 5, 2018, 7pm
President: Bill Christen
Vice President: Matt Nowicki
Treasurer: Brent Dingman
Equipment Manager: Cheryl Brill
Fundraising: Mary Hays
Alumni Chair: Chris Frick
Coach Fraser Christie
Coach Emily DeLine
Captain: Harrison Orwig
Captain: Jack Getty
Website: Harrison will upload Gatsby pictures to Shutterfly.
- Equipment: Fraser got a set of used U of M oars for $500, and 4 random oars to be used for Gatsby for $75.
- The fall regattas will be from 7am-2:30pm. There will be full food for all regattas.
- Fraser wants to check with the school to:
- Hang a boat instead of an old erg
- Display 2K test record board
- Store ergs at the high school
- Do a Row-a-Thon
- Use Google Doc form (in email) for uniform parts. New hat required. Fraser will monitor which families have paid.
- The reviewed financial report covered August, 2018. Moved by CF and seconded by MN as submitted.
- Brent will be refining the budgets/reports for 3 individual seasons.
- The team needs pump pots.
- 3 picnic tables will be purchased.
- Gatsby: Mary and Sam will meet to send thank you notes.
- The committee would like to change the location and when to have the Gatsby.
- Chris would like to move the alumni row to the spring season.
General Agenda Items:
- The McPhersons are taking over Rent-A-Rower.
- Board elections are coming up.
- Scholarship requests have been approved, amount pending further requests after bills sent out.
- Existing long-time family.
- Returning family after not participating for a year. Younger sibling is also interested in joining the team.
- Expecting request from third family that has been on the team all 4 years.
- Emily needs to get vetted to drive the truck.
- The storage unit needs to be cleaned out.
- The truck has a small leak in front gas tank.
- Ongoing Topics:
- Review Bylaws.
- Eliminate $75 transportation fee.
- Team pictures.